IT'S AS EASY AS XYZ!
FOR STUDENTS OF 3D DESIGN
WHY TRY POLYTUT?
- learn about 3D design in a simplified environment
- hit the ground running when you start using industry standard design apps
- for 3D artists, CGI students, concept designers, architecture students...
WHAT IS POLYTUT?
- a unique, full 3D online interactive tutorial
- covers polygon modeling and 3D design concepts
- simulates real 3D dev software
- try out the skills as you learn
- a bridge to the world of 3D development
- runs in widely used browsers and requires modest hardware
- does not require OS installation
- progress is saved online
- log in with your user and pass anywhere to continue
- utilizes the latest browser-based 3D tech
- packed with content about designing in 3D
- interact with 3D demonstrations in realtime
- unlock content by playing games and taking dynamically changing exams
- give your students a unique learning experience
- keep track of your student's progress
- licenses are very reasonably priced
- a license grants unlimited access
- bulk deals available
USED IN THE FIELD
- currently deployed as part of the CGI course at the University of South Austraila
- Polytut will be rolled out for TafeSA 3D animation students in 2019
Are you an educator and think Polytut might help your students?
To request a free trial license please
*Disclaimer: The following quotes were sourced from the cohort studying CGI at UniSA in 2018. Students were asked to give honest feedback in the form of something they liked and didn't like about Polytut. They were not required to identify themselves. Nearly all of the negative feedback related to specific bugs that have since been fixed and as such these comments have been omitted.
"Great way to learn. Very fun and interactive. Easy to learn and navigate."
"I thought it was a fun and interactive way to get to know the sorts of controls and skills needed to use a program like Maya, which I have never used before. I found it easy to navigate and the games were a fun way to cement new knowledge."
"Like: Great way to have a hands on approach Dislike: Unfortunately it isn't used as an assessment."
"It made learning more interesting and easy to understand."
"The one thing that was great about Polytut was you could do the games and everything in your own time."
"I thought it was really overwhelming at first but quickly got the hang of things and found the games really helpful. The glossary was a life-saver and I feel like I have learnt a lot!"